Over the weekend my wife and I got together with a group of old friends from my past place of work. It was so great to see them and get caught up on how they were all doing. There was so much laughter and enjoyment and it all seemed like the perfect kind of evening. Old friends are a very precious gift and I look forward to when we can all enjoy each other’s company again.
The hosts for the evening unfortunately were both out of work; they however were very generous in putting together appetizers and a wonderful meal. They had a prosperous attitude even there things must feel very uncertain to them. My thought was afterwards that this attitude was one of trust in things working out and a belief in themselves. I had great respect for them holding such a point of view.
Lately as I travel through the town I live in, it seems like there are more and more businesses closing down, as there appears to be lots of available retail space. The economy slow down is impacting people everywhere. My question is can people find a way to not only survive but also thrive in these times? It seems like positive thoughts and actions will be a key factor.
What kinds of thoughts and ideas make the most sense when what around us looks to be struggling? Here is what makes the most sense to me:
• You have to believe in yourself and your ability to not only survive but to succeed even in the midst of such change. The allowing of the best outcome is possible if you believe in who you are and where you are going.
• Keep your thoughts focused on what you want, not on what you might call the reality of the situation. Be positive not realistic. If you have an optimistic outlook then good things can follow. If you focus on what is “real” then you thoughts are limiting you. Positive thoughts create positive outcomes.
• Focus on what you desire not on what you don’t have. The more you get clear about what matters to you, the more you are able to energize yourself. Having a big positive charge from your thoughts and emotions will drive you forward in uncertain times.
• Have positive emotions to charge up your success. Emotions are the driving energy, the passion of purpose, the joy of full expression, the relief of knowing you are making things happen. Emotions begin as thoughts and transform into the energy of creation.
• Take time to listen inward to the knowing that exists in you and every human being. There is a collective consciousness in you waiting to inform all your decisions. There is this innate wisdom that comes packaged in our cells and consciousness whose source is the Creative Force of the Universe. Tune it and let this knowing guidance show you the way every day.
Have a good week and enjoy the flow of knowing available to you and be the success you are meant to be.