The work of living is different for each of us. No two of us share even similar pathways. Ultimately it is up to you and I to figure out what will work best for us. There are guides along the way if we are open to being guided, but in the end it falls upon us to make life what we want of it. As part of the Expanded Capacities series let’s take a look at what are some ways of being that will nurture us and make us feel fully alive on this solo journey:
- Each day intend to breathe more deeply, your mind, heart and body will work better with more oxygen.
- Remind yourself to be present to what is going on in the moment. Let go of the past and live in the now where everything is going on.
- Let your heart be open at all times. Love is so much more powerful than fear.
- Be real and express your uniqueness. Be genuine and let go of any need to seek the approval of others.
- Be kind, caring, and compassionate to yourself and everyone you meet. A truly heart filled person has many friends.
- Figure out your unique mission in life and don’t let anything stop you from living it fully and passionately.
- Be creative and explore what wants to be expressed in you and through you. There is real juice for life in creativity.
- Feel all you feel and let you emotions guide you. Move toward what feels positive and away from what doesn’t.
- Do fun things. Set as a goal to enjoy more of life everyday. Having fun and laughing often are great healers and energizers for you and those you share them with.
- Take time to relax and quiet your mind. This silent space is the source of endless intuition and the great wisdom of all humanity.
- Feel genuine appreciation for all that you have. An attitude of gratitude is a powerful magnet for manifesting a wonderful life.
- Do practices that make your body feel more alive. Exercise, stretching, moving, Tai Chi, and yoga, will make you feel alive.
- Be generous with your giving. Give what you love giving. Giving always comes back in wonderful ways.
- Find what inspires you and pursue those activities as if your life depends on it. Be lifted up by life.
- Follow your bliss. Whatever makes you feel alive, energized and happy is worth doing.
Enjoy these 15 ways of doing life that will make you glad to be alive each day.
Peace Letter #86
Dear President Obama,
Please don’t let Congress just act tough when the Goldman Sachs executives are questioned. Real change has to come from this or it is just drama that hurts all Americans.
Also there is a National Prayer Day coming soon and it should represent all faiths and ways of praying. Please replace the very slanted Shirley Dobson as representing what prayer is about.
Also let us all pray for peace.
Joseph Bernard, Ph.D.
Join me and send President Obama emails of support and encourage the end of war and the other dysfunctional ways of government at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact