Everything is not working that well today because I got a new Apple MacBook and I am caught in the middle of transferring my stuff to the new computer and it is not working right.
The vote in Congress last night was historic with the passing of the Healthcare Bill. It is an imperfect bill but much better than we had and a move in the right direction. Yes this is step one of many changes needed.
Welcome to Spring – I am so glad we made it through this very cold winter. I hope the light and warmth of the next 6 months replace the old closed ways of the past we have seen holding on mightily in Washington DC and elsewhere. Change is for the positive and more consciousness is the way not holding onto the ego based systems of control and greed that are running our country.
Here are ten benefits which come online within six months of the President's signature on the health care bill:
1. Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 27th birthday
2. Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions
3. No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage
4. Free preventative care for all
5. Adults with pre-existing conditions may buy into a national high-risk pool until the exchanges come online. While these will not be cheap, they’re still better than total exclusion and get some benefit from a wider pool of insureds.
6. Small businesses will be entitled to a tax credit for 2009 and 2010, which could be as much as 50% of what they pay for employees’ health insurance.
7. The “donut hole” closes for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors.
8. Requirement that all insurers must post their balance sheets on the Internet and fully disclose administrative costs, executive compensation packages, and benefit payments.
9. Authorizes early funding of community health centers in all 50 states (Bernie Sanders’ amendment). Community health centers provide primary, dental and vision services to people in the community, based on a sliding scale for payment according to ability to pay.
10. And no more rescissions. Effective immediately, you can't lose your insurance because you get sick.
I got this from the from the political blog called Crooks and Liars Blog.
Have a good day and I hope to get this computer working better today with the kind help of my wife taking it to the Mac Store and getting it all set up right.