Warm, cold, warm, cold that is the weather here in Colorado. Yesterday was a nice mild day, today the snow in falling and there is over a foot expected of this white wonder. Didn't the weather get the report that Spring had arrived?
It seems important to not get too caught up in the all out assault of those opposed to change in our nation. The energy of anger and hate is so distasteful and it made me think why are people so upset these days. I have my opinions and I am confident you do also. But opinions are just points of view and most of us have no desire to uncivil, be rude or actual threatening to those who see the world differently. But there seems to be some out there in our nation that are filled with such anger and hate toward others who see the world differently. People were yelling racist remarks and spitting at those they opposed. What is this about? I have five theories on why there is such discontent about change and I wonder what you my reader think.
- The world of news especially on Fox is all about opinion and bashing those who see thing differently then they do. Since when is the opinion of others wrong rather than just another opinion?
- There are people who will say anything and totally distort the truth in support of their point of view. This ability to rationalize their dishonesty shows a lack of a connection to higher values.
- Most of the government and corporate systems are run by the paradigm of the ego, which is all about being in power and control. These ego-based systems are beginning to collapse and this is causing great unrest to those in power and control.
- Somewhere along the way the heart got push aside as a guiding principle and the way of greed has become a dominating force. This need for more profits at whatever cost is a very self-destructive. A lack of compassion makes us a heartless society.
- The 5% with 90% of the financial resources do not want things to change so fear is the tactic used to control the masses. Who owns the media and controls the message?
These are my thoughts, what are yours?
The antidote to what ails us, our nation, and the planet is compassion, consciousness and the realization that we are all connected to each other. Open minds and hearts, the salve of silence, and the move to higher truths will set us free.
Peace Letter #67
Dear President Obama,
Thank you for you work on healthcare reform. This is a great beginning step to moving our country forward. Your continued efforts are so appreciated. So many of us are behind you.
Please now move to remove us from war. Let’s move to helping other nations with only minimal military involvement. We cannot afford this costly intervention of the past.
Joseph Bernard, Ph.D.
Join me and send President Obama emails of support and encourage the end of war and the other dysfunctional ways of government at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact