Today I wanted to write about love because it seems so needed on our planet. There is so much stirred up and so many angry people who live to blame and judge. How has the ability to have an open heart gotten so lost by so many? Where is the capacity to love is those that hate minorities, gays, people who think differently etc. How can people call themselves Christians/religious if they are closed to compassion for others?
Love is a very powerful force that is available to everyone always. Love has the capacity to heal all of us and rid us of all of our problems.
- If love guided our economic system all would share in the abundance of the planet. There would not be those that have and those that do not.
- If love guided our relationships with other nations there would be no war because we would all have compassion for each other. If our hearts were open we would not feel the need to have power over others.
- If love guided our corporations there would be no abuse of the planet, no unfair taking advantage of the workers, no risky business that would cause oil spills, no profits based on hurting anything, no people at the top taking all the profits etc.
- If love guided our government there would be honesty, transparency, programs that help those who need help, there would be no torture, there would be no need for lobbyist, there would be respectful debate, there would be people trying to figure out how to do what is best for all.
- If love guided our education system there would be no failure, there would be no dropouts, there would be an environment of nurturing and kindness, there would be only compassionate and caring teachers, there would be innovation to bring out the best in every student.
- If love guided all of our relationships with family, friends, and co-workers there would be compassion for each other, there would be the desire to support and encourage each other, all conflicts would be resolved easily because love would be the guiding force.
- If love guided our justice system, there would be equal justice for all, there would be many fewer prisons and prisoners and instead compassionate rehabilitation centers for the troubled. There would be caring and understanding police and judges who saw their work as making a positive difference.
The following are some love quotes I thought might be inspirational by people that have inspired me:
Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama
Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. Mother Teresa
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King, Jr.
All you need is love. John Lennon
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. Rumi