Welcome to March, I hope it is an amazingly positive month. There is again a big push for healthcare reform going on and so much money is being spent to keep things as they are. The GOP and the Democrats in DC are all in bed with the medical, drug and insurance corporations that don’t want anything to change. Why would they when profits are soaring and the insurance companies can drop people who get too sick? This profit over compassion is a major downfall in this country. I wonder what it would be like if corporations really cared about the people and the planet.
These things would change if corporation had compassion for people and respect for the planet:
1. Air pollution would be cleaned up because they would understand clean air is essential for humanity and all other forms of life on the planet.
2. The streams and water supply would be protected for pollution because drinking water is essential to all of us.
3. Banks would stop taken advantage of people with fees and credit cards because they would understand that these are customers who they value and want to treat fairly.
4. Healthcare companies would care for everyone because that is why these exist and profits would be something used to reinvest in even better services.
5. The military industrial complex would be replaced by green energy and innovation focused on improving the quality of everybody’s life.
6. Investment and mortgage companies would be involved only in trading and selling things of real value so that everyone has a chance to proper.
7. The oil, gas, coal and nuclear energy companies would fade into the past as sustainable energy is developed for the good of the planet.
8. The auto industry would clean up it’s gas guzzling and make cars that ran clean and lasted for a long time while making mass transit a priority.
9. The news industry would actually return to reporting the news instead of opinion and the lives of celebrities with the goal of making the citizens informed about what is really going on.
10. The prison industry would be reduced to a small fraction of what it is and mostly replaced by real treatment and help for those who are damaged mentally and emotionally.
There is hope for a better America. I have two links below to emphasize my points. The first one is the Progressive Democrats push for healthcare not warfare, which I totally support (see ad below). The second is a link to Deepak Chopra and his always insightful points of view about the nature of humankind and how consciousness can make a difference.
Have a great start to the week.
P.S. Happy Birthday to my brother Jim who is a wonderful person working in county government in Oregon do his best to make things better.
Peace Letter #56
Dear President Obama,
As you know Mr. President, I write to you advocating for our nation to focus on peace not war. I think it would be very safe to say that if we focused on healthcare not warfare than United States and its people would be much better off and certainly more at peace.
I know you must be up against huge odds to do what you know is right. We support your efforts and encourage you to keep pushing toward the highest and best for all of us.
Joseph Bernard, Ph.D.
Join me and send President Obama emails of support and encourage the end of war and the other dysfunctional ways of government at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact