What is the edge for you in your growth? What do you feel drawn to explore? What are you waiting for before you fully go for life? Who are you beyond your personality and your thoughts? These and other questions are part of the process of exploring your life, your path to self-realization, your purpose, your movement toward higher consciousness, your way to freedom, and to the fullest expression of your heart.
The question about your edge for growth is particularly interesting because it is easy for you and I: to play it safe; to ignore the things that don’t feel quite right; to stay with the familiar; to do things as they have always been done in your family, and to stay with the more deeply grooved patterns of habit and the familiar.
The other way is one of: stepping into the unknown; climbing out of the habit driven life; saying yes to new opportunities; opening to what was closed in your heart and/or mind; taking risks; making leaps of faith; and exploring intuitively where to go next.
The way of the familiar is ok and many choose to do what they can control. This is playing it safe and for most that is what they know how to do. But it is different for you because you read this blog and other inspirational sources, you seek to wake up, you don’t settle for the ordinary and frankly when you don’t, you make the extraordinary possible for you.
Now let’s imagine that you decided to walk out onto the edge, to go for the extraordinary. Here are some ways to do that starting today:
- Let yourself be guided by your intuition
- Stopping doubting your discomfort or restlessness
- Feel what you feel and be guided by what makes you feel alive
- Notice where you get regularly stuck and move past it
- Go all the way to the finish line with what you start
- Tune-in to what makes you uneasy and find out why
- Find where there is energy and go with it
- Pay attention to the lessons of life
- Let the natural world show you the way
- Go with the flow, no more battling upstream
- Break with the traditions of the family and the past
- Leave the familiar behind
- Sense what is calling you
- Don’t give up when it gets difficult
- Find out what makes you light up inside
- Who inspires you?
- What did you know even as a little kid?
- Tune into the voice of spirit within you
- Sit in silence until you are shown what to do next
- Discover what brings out the child in you
- What makes you feel free?
- If you could do anything today, what would it be?
- Follow your bliss
- Find where courage is needed in your life
- Read the stories of people who change the world
- Find inspiration daily, it all around you
- Let creative expression take you over
- Dismiss the inner critic from your employment
- Follow the beauty of what is waiting to be expressed in you
Stop waiting and begin immediately.
Peace Letter #77
Dear President Obama,
I greatly value human life and trust that most people can be brought back from their unhealthy mental states through care and compassion. There are no enemies because we are all humans who share this tiny dot of a planet floating out across the universe. Any ideas that we are not all totally connected is the faulty workings of the rationalizing mind.
Please end all war and all killing of others by representatives of our government. This is murder and against the values of all who are awakened to their higher nature.
Joseph Bernard, Ph.D.
Join me and send President Obama emails of support and encourage the end of war and the other dysfunctional ways of government at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact