“When we are able to take one step peacefully and happily, we are working for the cause of peace and happiness for the whole of humankind.” Thich Nhat Hahn
I want to invite you to join me and walk the Earth in peace.
I am sure you have noticed that the world seems uneasy. Each of us walking peacefully is needed.
You can start by bringing awareness to your body as it moves. Notice your feet touching the floor or ground, feel your spine in action, be aware of your senses sensing. See what happens when you slow down enough to pay attention this way.
You can become mindful of your steps as you walk on the planet, as you approach work, as you move to the computer or reach for your phone, as you shop in the grocery store, as you enter into the room where someone you care about is, as you visit places in your community, as you go from room to room, and as you make your way towards your bed at night.
Each step you take shapes your experience.
You can walk peacefully when:
* You have peace of mind. Quiet the mind with your breath or your attention. Move through thoughts peacefully and let disruptive thoughts go.
* You greet the world with an open heart. Live in the place of love and compassion for yourself and all beings. Let your heart shine as you move about the day.
* You are aware when powerful negative emotions rise up in you. Acknowledge and accept what you feel. Then release these feelings as you consciously take a walk to let go.
* You sense the constriction of fear in your body. Breathe into it. Then with your courageous heart step boldly into the next moment.
* You do your best to quiet the demands of the ego mind. This mind is always uneasy so you rise above it. Instead move your being into focusing on beauty, what you appreciate, those you love, and your purpose and goals.
* You listen to your intuition, the quiet wisdom inside, the voice of the soul. This voice guides you towards what matters, what has meaning and where your truth lies. So choose to walk towards this deeper knowing.
* You commit to expand your awareness. Come to understand there is more of you to be realized. Now step towards more light and more consciousness.
* You have compassion for others and yourself. There is understanding that we all suffer, we struggle and we all dream for better. Walk in the realization of our connection with each other with hope for all.
* You walk in appreciation of nature and all the beauty that surrounds you. Live in gratitude for the natural world and for the wonders of human creation. Walk in awe of what is and what can be.
* You move with the intention of doing no harm. There is understanding that the well-being of the planet and all its inhabitants matters. Now take steps and act as an advocate for the health of Earth and all of life.
All of this walking in awareness enriches you and invites the world to move in consciousness towards peace and harmony.
Thank you for joining me in this walk. Each day I will imagine you and I walking together for a peaceful and better world.